Monday, September 25, 2006

Aoyama Senior High


My apologies for the long time between entries, but it's been a busy month, with the accident, and with school being back in and all. I've been slowly starting to figure a way through this car mess, and I've been trying my best to get out and enjoy myself with friends, or risk going psycho from the stress. Throughout the past month, my friends have been unbelievably supportive, and should get a large part of the credit for the fact that my sanity is still (relatively) intact.
Anyway, to make up for the lack of posts recently, I'm going to start doing something new. I'm an avid photographer, and it's been mentioned that I have taken hundreds of photos in my time here. I've only been able to share a fraction of them on here so far, so from now on I'll do my best to post a new one every other day or so, along with a brief caption. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which makes sense, because most of us prefer pretty (or occasionally scandalous) pictures to big, complicated words. I'll still write the occasional full entry of course, but what I've written so far should give you a good outline of what life is like here. The pictures, I'm hoping, will help to add some color in between the lines and show you in a little more depth what an incredibly beautiful country Japan is.
Firstly, I want to show you (or at least those of you who haven't seen it already) the school I work at, Aoyama Senior High. It's got a decent view of palm trees and a carefully tended collection of other sub-tropical trees from the window of the third floor, which is where I sit. I spend about 35 hours a week here on average, when I'm not at my junior high school, which is usually Tuesday of every week. My junior high rotates every semester, but I've been at Aoyama (Blue Mountain) for over a year now, and (barring any disasters) I'll be there for another year to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home