Monday, June 30, 2014

Back in Japan!

 While I don't really write on this blog much anymore, I notice that it's got more page views than my latest blog, and so maybe I should leverage that fact by posting here again to let potential readers know about the new one. As it turns out, I'm back in Japan again! I actually enjoyed teaching here so much the first time in 2005-2008 that I signed up with JET again. This time, however, instead of being posted to senior high schools in urban Oita, I got sent to teach junior high in rural Okinawa, a different experience entirely.

 So, in order to occasionally flex the writing muscles and to fill in the spare hours, I started another blog - borderlessideas.blogspot - and have been writing pretty consistently. This one is a little different than the last though; while I do write about living here, I don't limit myself to writing about just that. I have many interests, and I find that I simply write more often when I have a variety of topics to cover, plus, I love editorial writing. My background is in Psychology and Sociology, I am keenly interested in science, and since working as a teacher in Japan last time I've worked in government, charities and private organizations, so that's some pretty fertile ground for a writer. I'm basically a student of humanity, and so you'll find articles about both Psychology and Sociology, as well as Politics, Education, Science, Futurism, Religion, Sexuality...and of course, daily life in Okinawa. I like to think there's a little there for everyone, so take a look, and tell a friend!

All the Best,
Lucas
borderlessideas.blogspot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home